Featured Bingo Bonus

18+ New Customers Only. Terms & Conditions Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly
Top Promotions

18+ New Customers Only. Terms & Conditions Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly

The Typical Bingo Player

Is There a Typical Bingo Player?

There is no longer any doubt that bingo is currently one of the most popular games in the United States. The game has always been popular to be sure - almost ever since it was introduced, in fact, but it has always somehow been relegated to the backrooms of casinos and game rooms. That was back then however, and things are a lot different today. It may surprise you to know that back in 2006 estimates placed the number of bingo players in the country at more than 1.6 billion. That number is significantly higher than the number of people who went to the movies and to bowling alleys combined!

join redbus bingo today
18+ New Customers Only. Terms & Conditions Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly

The Increasing Number Of Bingo Players Worldwide

This unprecedented rise in the number of bingo players was mirrored by the number of bingo related web sites on the Internet, which grew from a meager five web sites in 1999 to more than 300 in 2006. As expected, the free bingo web sites have garnered a large portion of this clientele. Such web sites are among some of the most popular ones on the Internet today, and they comprise more than 45% of all the bingo web sites. In fact, 70% of the web sites that offer bingo are either of the free variety or ones that offer premium paid games in addition to the free offerings. Who are all the people that frequent these web sites? A survey undertaken by one of the biggest bingo web sites on the scene has shown that 90% of these bingo players are actually from North America.

Not so 'Typical' Bingo Players

What all this points to is that there appears to be no such thing as a 'typical' bingo player, contrary to what most people seem to think. The traditional impression of bingo players is one of a senior citizen generally female who plays bingo as a way to pass the time in a few hours of admittedly enjoyable, although somewhat slow-paced play. Contributing to this profile is the common impression of bingo as a game that may be fun enough to play if you have nothing better to do, but certainly cannot compare to the fast paced thrills provided by high stakes casino games such as blackjack and poker.

As shown by the statistics however, there appears to be a lot more to bingo than what non-players originally thought. After all, if the game weren't that fun to play, surely it wouldn't attract such a varied and large clientele.

Bingo For The Younger Player

While estimates place the number of female bingo players at the free online bingo web sites at around 80%, the remaining 20% that is comprised of male bingo players still represents a significant number, certainly enough to dash any type of attempt to define what makes a typical bingo player. The same estimates also place the average age of these bingo players at around 41 years old, which is well below the senior citizen age that most people think makes up a large portion of the bingo playing market.

The bottom line is that there is no such thing as a typical bingo player, and if you feel that it is a game for only older players or women, you may be missing out an a tremendously enjoyable experience.